Our Blog ~ What's Up?This site is for us to build together, so I encourage you to respond in the Comments section after reading the *Ground Rules for Our Blog* provided below. It is my hope that this anonymous forum will help those of us in recovery who are seeking community, understanding of our addiction(s), and long-term sobriety.
What do you do now that you're sober?!?!How does anyone have fun? Socialize? Interact with...LIFE? I always had one addiction or another working at all times. If it wasn't my anorexia, it was my love addiction. If it wasn't my love addiction, it was my alcoholism.The...
I had mild delirium tremens (DTs) when I quit drinking. Nothing that I needed to be hospitalized for. Back in the olden days, when I got sober, sweet things to eat were at all the meetings and encouraged by people with long-term sobriety to help people in new sobriety...
Sober Birthdays are weird...I just had one two weeks ago. On St. Patrick's day, of all days! I love the irony of it!It really doesn't matter how many I've had...the APPROACH to each one has been different.Perhaps for some people they arrive like it's nothing, after...
This post takes off from the end of my last post, "Sober Night":So, I'm going to these Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. I'm sleeping for shit. My life is falling apart in every way. My relationships are all fucked up. I have someone called a "sponsor" and she has taken...
Ground Rules for Our Blog
If I see any of the following, or anything else that causes harm to a participant in the blog, I will probably delete the comment/post and, if possible, send the writer and email explaining why I deleted the comment/post:
- Anything that personally insults individuals by name or reference.
- Messages containing inappropriate comments about someone’s age, race, gender, abilities, sexuality, recovery, religious or political beliefs.
- Communications of a sexual nature, including sexual jokes and sexual harassment.
- Comments that contain threats, or are harassing.
- Falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Comments that constitute or contain affiliated marketing, link referral code, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- “Comment spamming”: The unethical practice of leaving links in unrelated posts with the intent of boosting another site’s search engine ranking.
- Throwing your own advertising into the blog.
- Any activity prohibited by law not otherwise mentioned above.
Thank you so much for respecting yourself and each other!