Our Blog ~ What's Up?This site is for us to build together, so I encourage you to respond in the Comments section after reading the *Ground Rules for Our Blog* provided below. It is my hope that this anonymous forum will help those of us in recovery who are seeking community, understanding of our addiction(s), and long-term sobriety.
What is your definition of "home"? Now that I'm sober, my definition of "home" has changed dramatically from when I was living in my addictions. My "Sober Home" is more than just a place. Before I got sober, if someone had asked me where my home was, I would have...
Have you been scared in sobriety?I have.For the longest time I had this script running through my mind that I wasn't supposed to be scared after I reached a certain point in my sobriety. I thought that if I had enough faith, friends, and was doing everything "right"...
What do you do now that you're sober?!?!How does anyone have fun? Socialize? Interact with...LIFE? I always had one addiction or another working at all times. If it wasn't my anorexia, it was my love addiction. If it wasn't my love addiction, it was my alcoholism.The...
I had mild delirium tremens (DTs) when I quit drinking. Nothing that I needed to be hospitalized for. Back in the olden days, when I got sober, sweet things to eat were at all the meetings and encouraged by people with long-term sobriety to help people in new sobriety...
Ground Rules for Our Blog
If I see any of the following, or anything else that causes harm to a participant in the blog, I will probably delete the comment/post and, if possible, send the writer and email explaining why I deleted the comment/post:
- Anything that personally insults individuals by name or reference.
- Messages containing inappropriate comments about someone’s age, race, gender, abilities, sexuality, recovery, religious or political beliefs.
- Communications of a sexual nature, including sexual jokes and sexual harassment.
- Comments that contain threats, or are harassing.
- Falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Comments that constitute or contain affiliated marketing, link referral code, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- “Comment spamming”: The unethical practice of leaving links in unrelated posts with the intent of boosting another site’s search engine ranking.
- Throwing your own advertising into the blog.
- Any activity prohibited by law not otherwise mentioned above.
Thank you so much for respecting yourself and each other!