Our Blog ~ What's Up?This site is for us to build together, so I encourage you to respond in the Comments section after reading the *Ground Rules for Our Blog* provided below. It is my hope that this anonymous forum will help those of us in recovery who are seeking community, understanding of our addiction(s), and long-term sobriety.
I don't want to bullshit anyone in this blog... My last 25+ years of recovery have not been linear. I have not constantly progressed in a nice little line, always moving on an upward trajectory...↗️ I thought this was how it was going to go when I first got sober. I...
So, pot is legal where I live now. Ugh. Now, I am meeting people in recovery who smoke pot on a daily basis and say they are sober. This leaves me feeling... I am now officially "old school" and considered an "old timer" in this whole recovery thing. I look at...
I just got off the phone with another friend who relapsed. I am crying. She is angry. Angry because she can no longer hide in her addiction? She's been "busted"? People now know what she's been doing?...
I am about to tell another friend in sobriety that I cannot have any contact with him because of his using...and it hurts like hell. We've been friends for almost 20 years. I call him family. I love him. And, I can't have him in my life. His drinking and drugging has...
Ground Rules for Our Blog
If I see any of the following, or anything else that causes harm to a participant in the blog, I will probably delete the comment/post and, if possible, send the writer and email explaining why I deleted the comment/post:
- Anything that personally insults individuals by name or reference.
- Messages containing inappropriate comments about someone’s age, race, gender, abilities, sexuality, recovery, religious or political beliefs.
- Communications of a sexual nature, including sexual jokes and sexual harassment.
- Comments that contain threats, or are harassing.
- Falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Comments that constitute or contain affiliated marketing, link referral code, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- “Comment spamming”: The unethical practice of leaving links in unrelated posts with the intent of boosting another site’s search engine ranking.
- Throwing your own advertising into the blog.
- Any activity prohibited by law not otherwise mentioned above.
Thank you so much for respecting yourself and each other!