Our Blog ~ What's Up?This site is for us to build together, so I encourage you to respond in the Comments section after reading the *Ground Rules for Our Blog* provided below. It is my hope that this anonymous forum will help those of us in recovery who are seeking community, understanding of our addiction(s), and long-term sobriety.
Does this Coronavirus quarantine suck for you? You get to say no. Really! Some people LOVE it. I know several people that are on a paid vacation right now. I also know people who are HAPPY to be working instead of stuck at home with nowhere to go. And I'm honestly...
I don't want to bullshit anyone in this blog... My last 25+ years of recovery have not been linear. I have not constantly progressed in a nice little line, always moving on an upward trajectory...↗️ I thought this was how it was going to go when I first got sober. I...
So, pot is legal where I live now. Ugh. Now, I am meeting people in recovery who smoke pot on a daily basis and say they are sober. This leaves me feeling... I am now officially "old school" and considered an "old timer" in this whole recovery thing. I look at...
Have you ever lost someone? A friendship? A pet? Were these losses the result of a death or a break-up? As it turns out...loss is loss. Grieving can come after many types of loss...not just death. Loss of a job, relationship, or even loss of an addiction is enough to...
Ground Rules for Our Blog
If I see any of the following, or anything else that causes harm to a participant in the blog, I will probably delete the comment/post and, if possible, send the writer and email explaining why I deleted the comment/post:
- Anything that personally insults individuals by name or reference.
- Messages containing inappropriate comments about someone’s age, race, gender, abilities, sexuality, recovery, religious or political beliefs.
- Communications of a sexual nature, including sexual jokes and sexual harassment.
- Comments that contain threats, or are harassing.
- Falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Comments that constitute or contain affiliated marketing, link referral code, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- “Comment spamming”: The unethical practice of leaving links in unrelated posts with the intent of boosting another site’s search engine ranking.
- Throwing your own advertising into the blog.
- Any activity prohibited by law not otherwise mentioned above.
Thank you so much for respecting yourself and each other!