Our Blog ~ What's Up?This site is for us to build together, so I encourage you to respond in the Comments section after reading the *Ground Rules for Our Blog* provided below. It is my hope that this anonymous forum will help those of us in recovery who are seeking community, understanding of our addiction(s), and long-term sobriety.
I am about to tell another friend in sobriety that I cannot have any contact with him because of his using...and it hurts like hell. We've been friends for almost 20 years. I call him family. I love him. And, I can't have him in my life. His drinking and drugging has...
Are you sober? Recovered? Recovering? Clean? Abstinent? What's the difference between these? Do you think these labels matter? I don't. If you've read any of my previous stuff, you've probably noticed that I'm not hung up on labels. Other things get my knickers in a...
Have you ever lost someone? A friendship? A pet? Were these losses the result of a death or a break-up? As it turns out...loss is loss. Grieving can come after many types of loss...not just death. Loss of a job, relationship, or even loss of an addiction is enough to...
What is your definition of "home"? Now that I'm sober, my definition of "home" has changed dramatically from when I was living in my addictions. My "Sober Home" is more than just a place. Before I got sober, if someone had asked me where my home was, I would have...
Ground Rules for Our Blog
If I see any of the following, or anything else that causes harm to a participant in the blog, I will probably delete the comment/post and, if possible, send the writer and email explaining why I deleted the comment/post:
- Anything that personally insults individuals by name or reference.
- Messages containing inappropriate comments about someone’s age, race, gender, abilities, sexuality, recovery, religious or political beliefs.
- Communications of a sexual nature, including sexual jokes and sexual harassment.
- Comments that contain threats, or are harassing.
- Falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Comments that constitute or contain affiliated marketing, link referral code, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- “Comment spamming”: The unethical practice of leaving links in unrelated posts with the intent of boosting another site’s search engine ranking.
- Throwing your own advertising into the blog.
- Any activity prohibited by law not otherwise mentioned above.
Thank you so much for respecting yourself and each other!